Ever found yourself taking photos of receipts, whiteboard notes, and documents on your smartphone only to be left with blurry uneditable images? Then the Office Lens smart phone app is for you.
Available on the App Store and Google Play, the Office Lens is like having a scanner in your pocket, a scanner which allows you to edit documents on Microsoft.
It will trim, enhance and make pictures taken of whiteboards and documents readable. It will also convert your images to editable Word and PowerPoint files. You’ll never lose your stray sticky notes again. You’ll also be able to search your gallery of images quickly, as the app will recognise printed and handwritten text so that you can then search for words in images, copy and edit them.
Features of the app include:
- With whiteboard mode, Office Lens trims and cleans up glare and shadows.
- With document mode, Office Lens trims and colours images perfectly.
- Pictures can be saved to OneNote, OneDrive or other cloud storage.
- Business card mode can extract contact information and save it into your address book and OneNote.
- Choose to convert images to Word, PowerPoint or PDF files that are automatically saved to OneDrive.